We are looking for an experienced functional safety engineer, with a background in the automotive industry, or similar sector.
As a Functional Safety Engineer you are equipped with interdisciplinary knowledge and skills that allow you to develop a system and manage its complexity, from the concept phase, through its design and validation, to the industrialization phase, implementing a structured engineering process (V-Model). You are also responsible for defining the appropriate verification and validation plan tailored to the specific application, and support the industrialization phase of the product, including its certification / homologation.
To succeed at blubrake you must be energetic, highly organized, and hard working.
You should have a passion for technology and mobility, together with the capability to solve complex problems in a very limited time.
The position is based in Milan, Italy.
- Define product requirements specification supporting stakeholders in requirements elicitation
- Analyze concept architecture and classify the safety risk of the system, deriving the high-level safety requirements
- Translate the product requirements and the safety requirements into detailed system design solutions, analyzing pros and cons of each one, specify lower level requirements allocated to mechanical, hardware and software components
- Carry out Failure Mode & Effect Analysis (FMEA) to support the system design and the requirements definition
- Interface and follow-up with the different product development area in blubrake to ensure that the requirements are adequately implemented and tested.
- Define application specific verification and validation plans aimed to ensure that the product can be industrialized (i.e. released for production) and certified or homologated
Required background and technical skills:
- Master’s degree in Engineering with best grades
- At least 5 years of experience in the automotive sector in similar context, alternatively in system design of industrial machinery or medical devices
- Ability to carry out hazard analysis and risk assessment
- Knowledge of the safety lifecycle according to safety standards(IEC 61508, ISO 26262, EN ISO 13849 or equivalent)
- Maniacal attention to details and formalization of documents
- Capability of defining and formalize development processes, suggesting improvements where appropriate, knowledge of ISO 9001, IATF 16949 or equivalent
- Knowledge of model-based system design (SysML or UML) and V-Model lifecycle
- Knowledge of Matlab / Simulink or Enterprise Architect is a plus
- Software development skills in C / Python are a plus
- Knowledge of CAN bus and logging systems is a plus
Other skills and characteristics
In blubrake we go fast, therefore it is fundamental that the candidate:
- Is able to report in a clear and organized way to your direct report
- Has the ability to prioritize tasks effectively and handle various tasks at the same time
- Has Curiosity, enthusiasm and positive attitude
- Has ability to work under pressure
- Has willingness to often travel worldwide
- Is fluent in English and Italian
- Full time contract
- Compensation in line with organizational role and individual competences and experience
- Career growth: in line with the track record demonstrated in the company
- Company canteen